Memorial Career Center
- Memorial Career Center
- Search for Jobs Now!
- Life at Memorial
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Physician Job Opportunities
- View Our Video Profiles
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Testimonials
- Tobacco-Free Campus
Community Scholarship Program
Memorial Healthcare System's Community Scholarships are offered in partnership with Broward College. They allow individuals residing full-time within the South Broward Hospital District boundaries to attend community college.
NOTE: You must reside within South Broward Hospital District boundaries to qualify for the Memorial Healthcare System Community Scholarship Program.
Highlights of the program and application requirements:
- Application deadline dates are October 1, February 1, and May 1 of every year.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their high school transcript, Broward College transcript, or GED
- Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Applicants must complete an essay indicating why they should receive a Scholarship. The essay should highlight goals, past accomplishments and need for assistance.
- Applicants must have completed 40 hours of verifiable community service within the past year.
- Applicants must provide three letters of recommendation, including one from the community service organization where the volunteer work was completed.
- Applicants will be required to participate in an interview prior to a final decision.
- One-time Scholarships will be awarded in amounts not to exceed $1,500. (Additional Health Science Degree Scholarships are available.)
- All required information must be received prior to a final Scholarship decision.
- The scholarship takes effect once the student is enrolled in classes at Broward College.
Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper.
- What are your accomplishments?
- Why are you applying for this Scholarship?
- What are your short- and long-term goals?
- What do you know about Memorial Healthcare System's Mission and Vision?
Please describe in 300 words how this Scholarship will enable you to reach your goals.
Please submit your application, the completed requirements above, a copy of your high school transcript and three letters of recommendation (one from the community service organization where volunteer work was completed) to:
Memorial Healthcare System Scholarship Coordinator
7200 Pines Boulevard
Building 72, Room 153
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
For further information about our Scholarship Programs, please call