Bariatrics/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
What to Expect
Surgery is not a quick fix to obesity. Memorial Weight-Loss Surgery Program can help patients lose weight, but successfully maintaining weight loss means embracing a new lifestyle that includes eating healthy and exercising regularly. This requires commitment. If you're considering weight-loss surgery, here are a few things you can expect after surgery:
- Any future weight gain can be minimized with proper diet and exercise
- Patients lose most of their excess weight
- Typical weight loss is 10 to 15 pounds per month in the first year
- To successfully lose weight and keep it off, follow a physician-guided diet and exercise program
- Lifelong vitamin supplementation is mandatory
- Following weight-loss surgery – after the majority of the excess weight has been lost – pregnancy is acceptable with proper medical guidance
Ongoing Weight-Loss Surgery Support
Changes in your lifestyle, including eating healthy and exercising, are essential for getting the most from weight-loss surgery. Memorial Weight-Loss Surgery Program offers free support groups, as well as fitness programs tailored to the individual needs of our patients.
Join us for an informative monthly weight-loss surgery seminar. We are available to answer your questions and introduce you to people who have undergone weight-loss surgery. Click here for more information.