Memorial Physician Group
Many Minds. One Group.
Memorial Physician Group (MPG) is a network of more than 180 highly-skilled physicians employed by Memorial Healthcare System, comprising 38 specialties. Together, they provide world-class patient- and family-centered care, focusing on excellent quality, safety and service.
Why Choose a Memorial Physician Group Doctor
Dr. Greg Zorman, Memorial Physician Group chair, explains how outstanding physicians and clinical leadership lead to the best patient outcomes in the most efficient way possible.
Memorial Physician Group Welcomes...
- Sonia Smith, MD Family Practice View profile
- Xamayta L. Negroni-Balasquide, MD Pediatric Nephrology View profile
- Marcelo Blaya, MD Oncology Medical View profile
Woman gets Broward's first adult heart transplant
Marina Alix's gravely ill heart was on the verge of giving up, but a team of doctors at Memorial Regional Hospital didn't. When a donor came through, they gave her a new chance at life through a healthy heart transplant.Read article
Memorial Cardiac & Vascular Institute Performs Broward's First Adult Heart Transplant
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute at Memorial Regional Hospital made history by performing the first ever, adult heart transplant in Broward County.Watch Video
Meet Our Featured Division
Division of Thoracic Surgery at Memorial Regional Hospital
Drs. Block and Tarrazzi are nationally recognized, board-certified thoracic surgeons who are experts in the field of thoracic medicine. They specialize in diseases of the lung, esophagus and mediastinum such as:
- Lung cancer and non-cancerous lung tumors
- Esophageal cancer
- Benign esophageal diseases (e.g., achalasia, Zenker's diverticulum, hiatal hernias and reflux diseases)
- Mediastinal masses and tumors, including thymoma Pleural effusion
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive perspiration of the hands that can interfere with daily activities and socializing)
Drs. Block and Tarrazzi are experienced with the complete array of advanced diagnostic procedures and minimally invasive techniques used to diagnose, stage and treat thoracic diseases. These include:
- Electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy (ENB)
- Endobronchial (endoscopic) ultrasound (EBUS)
- Esophageal endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Airway and esophageal stent placement, and endoluminal laser therapy
- Lung cancer screening
- Robotic surgery
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS)
In fact, Drs. Block and Tarrazzi perform more endoscopic ultrasounds than any other practice in South Florida. Our thoracic surgeons consistently rank among the top thoracic surgeons in the country and are among the Top Doctors list compiled by U.S. News & World Report. The Division of Thoracic Surgery is listed as one of the top programs reporting to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons STS National Database, a collection of some of the best thoracic surgery programs in the nation.