Memorial Career Center
- Memorial Career Center
- Search for Jobs Now!
- Life at Memorial
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Physician Job Opportunities
- View Our Video Profiles
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Testimonials
- Tobacco-Free Campus
At Memorial Healthcare System, our nurses enjoy a nurturing, supportive environment that encourages personal and professional growth. Memorial's long-standing reputation for safe, quality patient- and family-centered care comes from years of combining compassion and steadily raising our level of clinical excellence with continuing education and advanced technology. Safety, quality of care and customer satisfaction remain paramount throughout our healthcare system.
Nursing Scholarships FAQs
Who is eligible?
Associate of Science in Nursing Program At Broward College
Candidates who have been formally accepted into an Associate of Science in Nursing Program at this NLN-accredited Florida college and have completed the first term of their nursing program are eligible.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Eligible candidates who have been formally accepted into a BSN Program at an NLN-accredited Florida college or university and are currently attending or have completed the first term of a nursing program are eligible.
How can scholarship funds be used?
If awarded, scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees and required textbooks. Tuition reimbursement may be possible for those who have recently completed their BSN degree.
Once a completed Application Packet is received, the Scholarship Coordinator will verify your GPA and references and speak with instructors. You will then be notified if chosen to participate in a personal panel interview. Great emphasis is placed upon the interview with regards to selecting scholarship recipients.
How will I know if I'm selected?
Upon completion of the interview process, all awardees will be notified of the Scholarship Committee's decision.
Where do classes take place?
We know you're busy and that everyone learns differently, so classes are offered both at the school and online.
Additional questions for our Scholarship Coordinator?
- A 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be enrollled as a full-time student currently attending or have completed the first term of either an Associate of Science in Nursing or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at an accredited Florida college or university
- Letters of recommendation from recent supervisor and teachers.
Application Deadlines: February 1, May 1 and October 1
- Predetermined GPA must be maintained
- Upon completion of degree, recipient is required to work at a Memorial Healthcare System facility
- Employment obligation varies depending on scholarship:
- Associate of Science degree students receive $8,000 for a 2-year work commitment
- Bachelor of Science degree students receive $8,000 for a 1-year work commitment
- Bachelor of Science degree students receive $16,000 for a 2-year work commitment
- Job placement may be at any of the Memorial Healthcare System facilities
- Work schedules are determined by hiring manager at the time of hire
- Must obtain a Florida state license required for practicing as a Registered Nurse prior to hire date
Once the maximum number of scholarships has been reached for a given year, we will no longer accept applications. Please call the coordinator at 954-201-8852 or send an email to email@example.com for information concerning this matter.
Specialty Courses for Memorial Healthcare System RNs
MHS, in conjunction with local colleges, offers specialty courses for RNs who are looking to explore new specialty areas. Ask your manager about these opportunities and the most up-to-date listing of courses, which includes:
- Critical Care
- Emergency Care